23 August 2013

Ulta Beauty HAUL and REVIEWS

Hey gals! I haven't posted in AGES because I've been updating the overall look of my blog (you like?) and stressing over NOT ONLY the currently half-broken state of my iMac (I use iMovie for my YouTube videos - you see the problem, yes?) BUT ALSO the currently not-even-close-to-done state of my AP summer assignments.  Anyway, my life has been crazy, but I'm back now :) So here's a few things I picked up about two days ago from the fairy wonderland that is ULTA...

 Real Techniques Stippling Brush
The Real Techniques brushes are my absolute favorite.  Starting with the most shallow reason why, they look awesome - sleek and high-end while still looking young and fun (orange, purple, and pink? Hell yeah).  Secondly, they get the job done right, and there are many jobs to be done with a single brush - you can honestly use them for whatever you want, and the result is still fantastic.  I haven't used it yet (the packaging is just too beautiful, I didn't want to open it haha), but I plan to use it for my face (following the Real Techniques Foundation Brush) just to get that perfect, smooth finish.
  
 Burt's Bees Natural Face Solutions: Intense Hydration Night Cream
So I've always loved Burt's Bees, but because of their slightly-more-pricey products, I've never actually tried anything other than their hand salve (amazing) and their lip balm (ten out of ten).  I bought this out of panic and necessity: I've changed my acne routine (I'll do another post about that later!) and it's begun to dry out my face around my nose and mouth.  Believe me when I say that white crust around the outside of your lips IS NOT CUTE.  I saw "Intense Hydration" and instantly picked it up for this reason.  Also, it has clary sage, which, if you don't know, is an herbal plant (I think it's part of the mint family, which explains the fantastic smell of this product) known for its high anti-oxidant content and ability to clear infection.  FUN FACT: If you get it in an essential oil, it can even help to balance female hormones :)

REVIEW: Simply put, this stuff is incredible.  When I first opened it, there was a bit of product on the underside of the cap (you know how that happens), which I just dabbed with my finger to use for the first time (I tend to be very cautious because my skin is so sensitive).  The next day, I woke up and the skin around my mouth and nose was 95% repaired - no white crust, no look of dryness, only a SLIGHT roughness in the previously-affected areas.  Last night I used it again, and I woke up this morning with ABSOLUTELY FLAWLESS skin, and I haven't even used the product from the tub yet (I'm still using dabs from the underside of the cap)!  Extra Plus: it made my lips super smooth and plump-looking.  Anyway, I highly recommend - after all, it isn't technically expensive, just a bit pricier than your run-of-the-mill drugstore lotion or cream.  Then again, this is NOT just a run-of-the-mill product, so it's totally worth it.

Andrea EyeQ's Makeup Remover Pads
I hate taking off my makeup - no, I don't think you understand how much I hate it.  It's late (I'm talking LATE) at night, and I'm about to fall over from my explosively exciting day, and I have to turn to the mirror and basically scrub my eyelashes off with make-up remover wipes that claim to remove waterproof mascara and liner.  I bought this as a test, just to see if the results (and the laborious process) would be any different.  A few things that specifically drew me to this product were the words "Oil-Free," that they're "Extra-Gentle," (who wants wrinkles, right?) and the fact that they claim to be "Perfect for contact lens wearers."  Makeup remover that if safe for contact lens wearers seems to be pretty standard, but it's actually tougher to find than you would think, so this product was a great find for that reason.

REVIEW: I used to pull away my makeup remover wipe and see at least three eyelashes (so sad) and a bunch of black residue, but when I looked in the mirror, the job was not even close to being done.  I CAN SAY NOW THAT I WILL NO LONGER HAVE TO ENDURE LATE-NIGHT DISAPPOINTMENT OR THE UNTIMELY DEATH OF MY EYELASHES.  I used this last night (I had a ton of makeup on yesterday because I had places to be) and the eye-makeup, for lack of a better word, melted off.  It only took about three swipes (on each eye) before my eyes were almost completely clear of makeup, and I hadn't even thought about grabbing a standard makeup remover wipe yet.  HIGHLY RECOMMEND. 

No comments:

Post a Comment