25 December 2013

What I Got From SANTA ... HAUL

Merry Christmas, lovelies!  It's the most wonderful time of the year - a season of giving and receiving :)  I won't show what I gave (because those things don't belong to me, haha), but I WILL show you all that I received today from the generous and loving hearts around me, including my sisters and parents and, yes, even Santa (just let me feel like a kid, okay?).  While I do hope you all have better things to do on CHRISTMAS DAY than read this, I would still love for you to do so and, of course, enjoy ...

Before I begin, I'd just like to point out that there is no rhyme or reason to the order in which I posted ... I just kind of went for it ;) Oh, and it's going to be a long one - be warned ...

I've been coveting a re-usable Starbucks cup for nearly a year, but I've never wanted to spend my hard-earned money on one.  My mom decided to relieve me of my suffering and gift one - all hail the re-usable VENTI - and I LOVE IT.

 YES, LADIES - IT HAPPENED ... I got the newest Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette for Christmas.  I won't say much about it now (I'll do a full feature later), other than that it is a "GIFT TO ALL OF MANKIND" (quote credits go to my best friend ... Hi, Haley, if you're reading!).

THIS MOVIE ... since my middle school days, I've been a huge huge fan of the Mortal Instruments series (yes, I'm one of those people who actually read the books), so when it became a movie I was STOKED ON STOKED.  Santa delivered happiness with this one ;)

These items (hilariously enough) were in my stocking - I'm actually pretty happy with these, because who doesn't need an extra loofa and hair elastics?  Practical gifts always win with me, haha.

ALRIGHT, SO THESE ARE ULTRA COOL ... You guys all know that I have curly hair, so I use DevaCurl products and get Deva cuts a few times a year.  I've been using a microfiber towel (by Deva) to take excess moisture out of my hair all this time, but its a bit annoying to shape around the hair.  These carry the same concept, but are GLOVES ... Pure Genius, haha.

You know when you don't know what to ask for, so you pathetically stoop to the level of looking up what a [your age here] - year - old  [your gender here]  would like for Christmas?  That's how I found this book, to be completely honest ... I'm so glad I got this, it is literally (just as advertised) the girl's guide to everything - from wearing the right dress to the right party and looking fabulous in pictures to fixing your computer and bargaining at a car dealership.  I highly recommend this to all young women - my sister (who is in college) also received one, and she loves it just as much as I do :)

Yes, this is three sides of the same cube ... A cube of mini nail polish, that is ;)  My little sister (I can't believe she's fourteen, already!), who is growing up to be a major nail-enthusiast as well, got this for me :)  As you can see, it's probably the widest range of winter colors available - and cheap, too!

While I am quite skilled (if I do say so, myself) at doing my own French Manicures with regular white and sheer polish, its always good to have kits like this to make things easier and you, as a beauty-conscious member of society, lazier :P  I definitely plan on using this ... maybe I'll do a review ...

Curiosity killed the cat ... All he wanted was to know what I was doing, so he decided to smell every item thoroughly and impede on my photography-process :p

More complete randomness found in my stocking ;)  Whoppers are my favorite candy (next to Twix bars), so I always get them for at least one holiday.  I'm also a big fan of caramel (hence the Ghiradelli) and am a crazy gum-addict (I admit it).  Also, who doesn't love Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate?

Hello again, Christmas kitty.  Are you enjoying sitting right in my camera-space?  I know you are, you little delinquent :p

More gifts from the tiny sister ... When I took her shopping the other week, I mentioned that I wanted a pair of geometric earrings, and she did not disappoint :)  Also, she got me a cute pair of snowflake drop earrings, which is very characteristic of her - she always gets me quirky things that do not relate to any other piece of my wardrobe or any other accessory I own :p

There he goes again, wanting to be a part of the fun.  His name is Chase, so you can now greet him accordingly :p  ANYWAY, AS FAR AS THE GIFT - I received this same gift two years ago, I believe, but thanks to Mr. Mischief (pictured above), who likes to mark his territory, I wasn't able to use it much.  My mom decided to let me try for Round Two with this gift :p 

ELEPHANT SWEATER!!!  I saw this in G-stage just the other day while shopping for my friends - and on that note, it was pouring rain on that day.  Why the hell was it raining in Southern California, you ask?  For that, I have no answer.  All I know is that living here, where it's 80° with clear skies on Christmas day, has spoiled me terribly :P  ANYWAY, WHEN I SAW THIS SWEATER, I was overcome with desire.  I absolutely love elephants.  Sure enough, Santa came through for me :)

AND THAT IS A WRAP, LADIES ... I'll probably be posting another Christmas haul at a later date, as I still have various parties to attend (where more gifts will be exchanged) with family and friends :)  So stay tuned for that as well as a Deva Review in honor of my one-year anniversary of receiving a Deva cut, a Naked 3 Feature, and possibly a Favorite Products of 2013 to wrap up this year :)  Also, as usual, be looking forward to my regular outfits and updates.  Thanks so much for reading ... 

"For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord."
Luke 2:11

Love you all

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment