02 January 2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR ||| Favorite Beauty Products: 2013

Favorite Beauty Products: 2013

Favorite Beauty Products: 2013 by the-saltine-herself

Hey dolls!  First things first: HAPPY NEW YEAR!  It's 2014, which means there are new people to meet and goals to catch, more posts to post and more lovin' to be done!  Before all of that starts, though, I would like to honor 2013 by featuring a few (eight, to be exact) products that I fell in love with (or re-fell in love with) during the past year ...

1. DevaCurl Products: As you've all read, the Deva products are absolutely amazing for curly hair, but that's all I'm going to say for now - I keep putting this off, see?  Because I promised to do a full-blown review focused ALL on the Deva line of curly-hair products.  Stay tuned!

2. St. Ives Blemish and Blackhead Control Apricot Scrub: So for the first half of the year I was without a good exfoliating scrub, and my skin (which was a very angry thing, at that time) was suffering even more because of it.  I was then introduced to a site called Crunchy Betty, which is completely focused on all-natural, D.I.Y. beauty products.  My favorite mixture was the No-Nonsense Daily Scrub, because it was easy to make.  Honestly, though, we all get lazy - the St. Ives Apricot Scrub has been my solace on off-days, when I didn't have the energy to mix my own facial scrub.  I chose it because it has a lot of natural extracts in it (which I learned about from the Crunch Betty site), and isn't filled with harmful chemicals that might handicap your skin-health in the long-run.  Great product!

3. Bath & Body Works "Twilight Woods" Body Mist: It's a well-known fact that I am in love with this scent - it's perfect (check out my haul for it for more details on the scent, itself) in every way, and I've been using it for years.  

4. Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette: The Naked Collection is the best thing that could happen to the eye-makeup world, hands down to the ground.  The colors (if they can even be appropriately called "colors") are so natural and beautiful.  I've used this palette for myself (and all of my friends) for every event this year (formal dances, parties, birthday dinners, etc.), because its perfect - smoky eye, natural eye, top-lid heavy, any look can be done with a Naked.  Another perk is that it seems like the shadows never run out - my palette (which I take care of like a baby, but use nearly every day) still almost looks unused.  Incredible makeup - every woman should own one of these.

5. Essie Nail Lacquer (Pictured: "Stylenomics"): I've always been a huge nail-polish freak, but it was only this year that I figured out Essie was the brand for me.  Awesome pigmentation (even in the super-light pinks and nudes) and consistency (not too-thick like some Sally Hansen lines or too-thin like other drugstore polishes like NYC or Wet-N-Wild) every time.

6. Boots No. 7 Quick-Thinking Wipes: Being a contact-lens-wearer and a girl with sensitive skin, it's difficult to find makeup-remover that wont irritate anything, but these No.7 wipes, which I started buying only because of a giant Target sale, have done the trick.  They're fragrance-free and super gentle, but they remove makeup (even waterproof mascara) quickly, no scrubbing needed.

7. Burt's Bees "Honey" Lip Balm: During my freshman year, I never went anywhere without a tube of Burt's Bees.  But then the e.o.s.-craze began, and I joined in the love.  This year, however, the winds (its a SoCal thing) were especially annoying, drying out my lips and the surrounding skin, and my go-to e.o.s. was not getting the job done, for some reason.  I went back to Burt's Bees and was healed in less than two days.  The "honey" version is especially moisturizing, and feels very natural.  Still love this lip balm, after all this time.

8. Neutrogena Shine Control Liquid Makeup: I started wearing liquid foundation this past year because of my crazy break-out phase, caused by Pro-Activ :(  In the beginning (you can see that post here), I wore the L'Oreal True Match LUMI Liquid Makeup in W6 "Sun Beige," which was an amazing product (looked awesome in photos!), but probably not the best for me - I have oily skin, and the foundation had a dewy finish.  I would highly recommend it for other skin types, however.  ANYWAY, I wanted to find something with a much more matte finish, and so I found the "Shine Control" line by Neutrogena, which I definitely trusted with my acne-prone skin.  This makeup did not clog my pores, gave me a more matte look and awesome coverage with a little amount.  Also, since I've been wearing this makeup (maybe it's hormones, maybe its my prescription, but maybe not), my acne has cleared up significantly.  This foundation can be applied either with your fingers or a brush (I would recommend a stipple or a buffing brush), which makes it very convenient.  Highly recommend, especially for combination or oily girls!

And that's all for now, folks...I hope you enjoyed this post, and maybe picked up a few tips
Happy New Year to everyone! :)

Love you all

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment