27 May 2013

Ulta Beauty HAUL

Hey dolls! I recently went to Ulta Beauty to pick up a few things (either for prom or just because), and I decided I would share :) That's all there is to say for now, so make sure you read carefully!  I hope you find all of these mini-reviews helpful.  If you SO DESIRE, comment down below and/or follow this blog so you can get updated! There are plenty more beauty reviews to come :)

L'Oreal Paris True Match LUMI Healthy Luminous Makeup in Sun Beige (W6) $12
Alright, so the main reason I went to Ulta was to get a foundation that would photograph well (prom pictures are important, ya know).  I was originally thinking about getting the Revlon Photo Ready Foundation, but I read some reviews about it making people more oily in some cases (I already have oily skin, so that was a no-no).  After browsing around Ulta for about 20 minutes, I decided I would just ask one of the consultants there.  She directed me toward a Lancôme Foundation (she said that stars use it on the red carpet!) that she said photographs beautifully, but considering I didn't have $45 to blow, I asked for a more drugstore-priced product.  Because Lancôme and L'Oreal are the same company (if you didn't know, now you know!), she said that the L'Oreal True Match LUMI Foundation would give the effect closest to the Lancôme Foundation.  She matched me to Sun Beige (W6), and I went on my merry way.  

Review: THIS FOUNDATION IS PERFECTION.  My prom pictures were flawless - my acne seemed almost non-existent, any discoloration was gone, my skin was not oily in the slightest, and all of this was achieved with a relatively small amount of foundation.  The pump on this foundation is extremely convenient, giving you a perfect amount for your whole face (for a light to regular coverage kind of day).  I've also found that my L'Oreal True Match Concealer (the liquid kind) blends perfectly with this foundation.  I used to not wear foundation every day, but the combination of the LUMI and my regular liquid concealer has converted me.  I will recommend this until the day I die!

Nick Chavez Beverly Hills Amazon Body Building Hair Spray 
This is not a full can of hairspray - it's a tiny one, about 7 inches tall.  The only reason I have it here in this haul is because it was FREE. Yes. Free.  One of the consultants saw me getting hair product, and she approached me, asking if I wanted a sample hairspray.  I asked her if it was a strong enough hold for my curly hair (I didn't want her to waste one of her sample cans on me if it wouldn't work), and she said it would be perfect.

Review: I listened to the nice consultant who gave me this hairspray, and I am so glad I did.  I used this hairspray for prom and have used it twice over this last week, and it has kept my style in place every time.  It doesn't leave a residue on my hair, and it doesn't leave my curls feeling crunchy, like some other hairsprays have.  I'll be sad when I run out of the product in this tiny can!

Real Techniques (by Samantha Chapman) Foundation Brush $7
FINALLY I got myself a Real Techniques brush! I had one before, but I took it to a friend's house and it disappeared.  Now, I get to have my baby back ;) I know that higher-end brushes like this get a lot of hype, and sometimes it isn't worth it, but Real Techniques beauty tools have NEVER failed me, and I highly recommend, because these are DEFINITELY worth all of the hype they get.  

Review: Foundation brushes are tricky in that you need to really find one that is good quality in order to have a good quality FACE (sorry if that sounds harsh).  With this brush, foundation spreads and blends flawlessly, and is never streaky.  Also, the added bonus are the online tutorials (which I've never watched, but I'm sure are extremely helpful).  

Thanks so much for checking out this post :) There are plenty more where this came from, so feel free to look around!

Love you all

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment