02 May 2013

OOTD & How-To: Outfit for a Time-Crunch

Hello all! This post isn't extremely special (this outfit is nothing special, I mean), but I decided that I would show you what I like to wear when I'm pressed for time.  I woke up late yesterday (when I wore this) and didn't have the luxury of thought (haha) in the morning, so I just kind of threw this on.  It looks cute and comfy, and it only took me about 2.5 minutes for me to devise this (my outfits are like evil plans hehe) and, eventually, make myself look presentable :) Anyway, since this outfit was the kind that you don't really need to think about, I decided that I would put a few tips for getting ready quick while still being able to get a few compliments on your outfit of choice :) Enjoy


OUTFIT TIPS:

1. Don't try anything super detailed / new.  If you bought something recently and would like to wear it, DON'T.  For me, wearing something new requires a little bit more thought, so that the outfit looks as put-together as possible, therefore boosting confidence.  Also, since it's a CRIME (at least for me, haha) to wear the same thing within a month of time, wasting a new piece on a time-cruncher day would not be advisable.  On another note, if you have a special kind of top (maybe with beading, sequins, a crazy-amazing print, etc.), don't go for that either.  A top that is detailed also requires a bit more thought in looking your best.

2. Pick an accent, and the rest can be simple.  As you can see in my outfit (below), the grey sheer sweater, black sandals, rolled jeans, and black bandeau are nothing special - just regular items, almost like basics.  Also, my hair is up in a top knot, pulling the focus away from my head-area.  The one accent that I picked was my scarf: it works with the grey (okay, almost everything works with grey) because it's composed of cool colors, giving off a relaxed appearance.  Also, it's sheer and floral-printed, so it adds a girly sort of charm to an otherwise simple outfit.

3. Wear something comfortable without being a slob.  One of my pet peeves (HUGE pet peeve) is when people show up to school in their pajamas.  Then, they proceed to make some kind of excuse about how they "woke up so late" and "didn't have any time."  YOU HAVE TIME, OKAY?!  Please, if for nothing or nobody else, do this for me: make it seem like you didn't roll out of bed 5 minutes ago.  I don't want to sound materialistic or anything like that, but dressing to impress, I think, is important in that a person can give off a certain vibe about their personality based on the way they look.  Anyway, do whatever you need to do in order to look less like the sandman and more like an appearance-conscious member of society.

BEAUTY TIPS:

1. Keep hair fuss-free and hair-time under 5 minutes.  I don't know any of you readers personally, so I don't know how fast or well you can pull-off a certain hairstyle.  At the same time, though, I KNOW that there is a not a single person who can have absolutely perfect-looking locks under time constraints.  Therefore, my first tip is to go for something fuss-free.  Top knots, ponytails, quick braids or half-ups are all great examples of fuss-free hair styles.  They all look cute and will do well to keep your hair away from your face, causing you to look more alert and awake.

2. Minimal make-up.  Not NONE.  Unless you are the type that doesn't wear make-up at all, it is important that you at least do SOMETHING.  As you can see in the pictures below, all I did was put concealer (for acne and under-eye circles) on my face, and chap-stick on my lips.  For my eyes, mascara and a swipe of a jumbo stick on my lids and bottom waterline were sufficient.  All in all, it took me about 3 minutes to finish my entire face.  Putting just a bit of make-up on, again, exudes a certain attitude of sorts, making you actually look more relaxed (and low-maintenance) than you might be feeling.  Also, make-up contributes to looking much more presentable, which is always a plus.








MY BODY:
Black Bandeau: Heavenly Couture
Sheer Grey Sweater: Target
Jeans: American Eagle Outfitters
Sandals: Target
Scarf: American Eagle Outfitters
Heart Ring: American Eagle Outfitters

MY FACE:
L'Oreal True Match Liquid Concealer in Medium Warm
Wet n Wild Brow Pencil in Mink Brown
NYX Jumbo Stick in Iced Mocha
L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Waterproof Mascara
Burt's Bees Replenish Lip Balm

ON MY NAILS: "Monsooner or Later" by OPI

Thank you so much for reading this post! Check out my Polyvore and YouTube channel for more!

Love you all

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment