26 May 2013

Review: L'Oreal Hair Mask

Hello everyone! So, L'Oreal has a new advanced hair care line, so I decided that I would try one or more of them out.  They have a color-treatment mask, a damage-repair mask, and a moisture-renewal (that's mine!).  As my regular readers know, I'm a swimmer during the spring and summer (high school and summer league teams), and as EVERYONE knows, chlorine is a hair-murderer (haha).  My hair, being curly, is already dry enough, and the chlorine does NOT do anything to help it, so I decided that I would FIRST try the moisture-renewal mask.

 Power Moisture: Moisture Rush Mask
This is the packaging - it's very high-end-looking, I must say


Here we are, it's time for the REVIEW:

PROS: As you can see, the mask is very smooth and creamy.  It's not thick, though, which makes application very easy and quick (also, you don't need to use a lot to get desired results!).  Overall, I AM IN LOVE with this mask.  I used to use an Argan oil mask, but felt like my hair wasn't any better afterwards.  When using this L'Oreal mask, though, I can feel a difference right away: my hair is smoother, and if I focus on putting most of the mask on my ends (or the tips of your hair), my hair actually styles better, like the tips of my hair were sealed, or something.  It restores moisture to even my dry and tangly curly hair, so imagine what it can do for other people!  I definitely recommend!

CONS: Like most masks, this is most easily applied in the shower (I usually do this between cleansing and conditioning).  The only downside to this is that I'm thinking the steam in the bathroom makes a bit of the mask (around your hairline) sort of ... melt?  I've no other way of describing it, but after about 3 minutes I can feel it dripping down my forehead a bit.  If you don't catch it in time, it could get in your eyes, which is NOT pleasant, especially for all of my contact-lense wearers!! Be AWARE.  As far as the product itself, goes, however, I wouldn't say there are any cons that I've noticed, and I've used the mask probably 6 times (there's still more than half of the tub left!).

Alright ladies, that's it for the review! I hope you found this helpful, and for my dry-locks readers, I hope you're grabbing the car keys right now and heading out to get some of this stuff, because it's honestly amazing :)

Thanks so much for checking out this post! There's definitely more to be seen, so feel free to browse around...

Love you all

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment