07 May 2013

Drug Store Beauty Products HAUL

Hello everybody! If you read my blog regularly, you know that when it comes to expensive beauty products, I do a lot more admiring than buying.  Due to my inherent frugality, haha, I've come to love drugstore makeup and other beauty products.  I recently took a trip to my local CVS PHARMACY (whoo!) to pick up a few things, as PROM IS COMING UP (so excited) and I need to actually start thinking about taking care of my skin, teeth, etc.  This haul is just the things that I bought (keep in mind: some of these products I have NEVER tried, so it'll be like a trial and error thing, too!) in order to prepare myself to look my best :) Hope you enjoy - please follow my blog or comment!

 Wet n Wild Color Icon Brow and Eye Liner in 652 "Dark Brown"
This is actually not the usual color I purchase, my regular is "Mink Brown."  Some would say that "Dark Brown" and "Mink Brown" are not much different when just looking at the product, but let me tell you that once the color touches your face (well my face - my brows, to be exact), the difference becomes noticeable.  My eyebrows are nearly black, and the "Mink Brown" is absolutely perfect.  This "Dark Brown" color is not the same - it's much more brown rather than black - but it'll have to do, considering they ran out of my usual color.  Today, I mixed this pencil with a black eyeliner pencil and blended it, and the effect was nearly the same as the "Mink Brown."  Anyways, I really like this pencil (I especially like the price - $0.99!!) because it's smooth and pigmented - you don't need a lot to get the desired effect.

 Milani Color Statment Lipstick in 17 "Plum Rose"
For Prom, I'm wearing a white, flowing dress and light metallic heels, so I thought that my regular ruby-colored CoverGirl lipstick would be a bit much.  I fell in love with this color the moment I saw it - it's like a cross between mauve and a subtle red, and it really is beautiful.  You can see that it's very pigmented, as the swatch above against my tan skin was done with a single, light swipe across my hand.  It looks natural, almost like the color of my actual lips, except exaggerated.  I wore this color on my lips to school today and got a tone of compliments from girlfriends!  It's very smooth and is lightly scented with an absolutely glorious smell that I can't quite put my finger on - it's flowery and fruity all at the same time.  At any rate, I really like this lipstick - I'll be purchasing more Milani products now, because of this!

Rimmel London Exaggerate Full Color Lip Liner in 070 "Enchantment"
No matter how many tubes of lipstick I've bought, no matter how many hours I've spent searching, I have never been able to find a lip liner that exactly matches the desired color - UNTIL NOW.  When I found this and compared it to the Milani Lipstick in "Plum Rose," I felt like running to make an announcement on the intercom system!  It's the exact color, but is not too pigmented.  It applies very smoothly onto my lips and stays put under the lipstick, unlike some other lip liners I've tried, which show through or smudge.  Whenever I apply lip liner, I trace around my lips and then color them in, as this is the best way to keep lip stick in place for a longer time.  As I said before, the application of this liner is smooth all over my lip, and it could even be worn by itself for a subtle look.  LOVE.

 Plus White 5-Minute Premier Speed Whitening Gel
I have never before tried a tooth-whitening product before, other than toothpastes and mouthwashes (like Listerine), so I have no idea how this product is going to work.  I tried it last night and used the cotton-swab-method, spreading the gel over my teeth (careful not to spread it on the gums!).  The only problem I encountered was that I couldn't keep my top lip from covering my teeth, and I think the saliva from my mouth was reducing the effect.  According to the product label, one should use it for 14 days consecutively, twice per day.  I'll be using it consistently, and if it works well, I'll be sure to let all of you know! 

Physician's Formula Super BB: All-in-1 Beauty Balm Cream in 7868 "Medium/Deep"
I always know that I'm at the prime of my tanning days when I have to start buying products with the word "deep" in them, haha.  I have never tried this product before either, simply because of the price (excuse me for not having the luxury of buying $17 BB Cream - yikes).  However, it was on sale for $9.99 and I had $7 CVS Extrabucks for any Physician's Formula purchase - so I got it for about $3!!! I used this product today to go to school, because my allergies have been acting up and sometimes my cheeks turn a bit red :( It worked well to cover the discoloration and it minimized the look of my acne spots.  Also, my skin seemed a bit more glowy (but not in the oily way) than usual.  Based on my first try, I would recommend this product, but I'll continue to use it and maybe review it later!

Thank you all so much for checking out this post! I hope you'll add a few of these things to your next drugstore shopping list ;) 

Make sure you check out my Polyvore and YouTube channel!

Love you all

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment