23 December 2012

Christmas Nails +

Hey everyone!  So Christmas is coming up, my favorite time of the year!  In years past, I've done a lot of crazy things on my nails during Christmas time (a french manicure with christmas lights on the tips, red with Christmas trees and snowmen, etc) but this year I decided to do something more subtle, but still really Christmas-y and interesting.  So keep reading if you want to see my Christmas nails!

Here's the finished product!


 Alright so from the top:
Red Nail Polish: I got this in a gift set from my Godmother about 2 years ago, so I don't think there's a brand or anything attached to it.  You could use any red nail polish for this look, though, so it doesn't really matter.

Champagne/Copper Nail Polish:  Essie's "Buy Me a Cameo," which I recently received as a Secret Santa present (see my last post!).  This color is really beautiful, I love how shimmery it is and how subtle the color is, especially on my skin tone.

Top Coat: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Top Coat.  This stuff says that it dries in 30 seconds, and let me tell you, it dries in 30 seconds.  Just make sure you don't press on you nail and try to scratch at them or something just to test it out, haha!

NOTE: always use a base coat - I find that base coats are all the same, you could even use a nail serum or hardener, as long as you don't put the color directly onto your nail, you'll be fine!

NOTE: when I paint my nails, I have a trick to make sure my nail polish is dry.  I put on the top coat (which dries in 30 seconds) and wait about a minute and a half, then I go over to the sink and turn on the COLD water.  IF YOU DON'T HAVE A FAST DRYING TOP COAT, YOU'LL NEED TO WAIT A LITTLE LONGER.  I run the cold water over my nails by putting the back of my hand under the faucet and pointing my fingers toward the ground.  This way, the water starts off gentle.  Then, if you feel like your nails can take it (be confident! nail polish is more durable than you may think!) start washing your hands with soap.  Don't be gentle about it, either, just wash you hands like you would normally.  The water should have hardened your polish before you started washing with soap, and after you wash the nail polish smell will be GREATLY reduced, which is always a plus.  Anyway, that's my trick!

 Here is Essie's "Buy Me a Cameo" all by itself.  I wanted to show you guys that it's subtle but shimmery, and that it doesn't really look like a copper color, like it does in the bottle.

Here's another picture of the final product, with the red stripes and the shimmery base.  I think this still looks Christmas-y, as I said earlier, but it's not over-the-top crazy.  It's definitely classy, so anyone could wear this look :)  Anways, I hope you enjoyed, maybe got an idea for your own nails!  This will also be on Instagram, in case you wanted to know :)

Make sure you check out my YouTube Channel, I'll be putting up a few new videos really soon!
Love you all

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment